There has been a buzz that Seattle has serious interest in Datone Jones. You look at a player who is about 6’4, 283 that runs a 4.80, 40 time. Jones will be a player like Jason Jones, someone you can put in the inside, but also move around to the defensive end position. I watched a lot of Pac 12 football games, but I never really saw Datone Jones stand out, it wasn’t until the Senior Bowl. At the Senior Bowl she displayed his quickstep and hands to get around the tackles. Look for Jones to a consideration for the Hawks.
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel
Eric Winston was officially released, therefore I see them going Joeckel where he can play on the opposite side of Branden Albert. They traded for Alex Smith so no need for a quarterback. Joeckel is the top tackle in the draft.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan
With Gus Bradley being a defensive minded coach he’ll want to start rebuilding with the defensive line. Jacksonville was dead last when it came to sacks. Coming from Seattle, look for Bradley to have a blueprint of bigger, faster, stronger, players. Jordan processes great speed and height for a defensive end.
3. Oakland Raiders: Shariff Floyd
Oakland is a mess. They need help in a lot of positions, but being well over the cap doesn’t help them. Defensive tackle is the most needed position with both Desmond Bryant and Richard Seymour hitting free agency.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Eric Fisher
Could go also go corner, but Fisher makes the most sense. He’s been rising fast ever since the senior bowl and combine. Some people might think that he’ll have a better future than Luke Joeckel.
5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner
Detroit is badly in need of cornerbacks. Chris Houston and Jonte Green are not starting cornerbacks in this league. With the top available cornerback available, they jump on it.
6. Cleveland Browns: Ezekiel Ansah
The browns need to improve their pass rush. Jabaal Sheard was led with only seven sacks. Ansah is rising up draft boards ever since great showing at the Senior Bowl. Reminds me of a Jason Pierre-Paul type play. Very Raw, but athletic
7. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Barkley
The Cardinals are desperately in need of a quarterback. They had to keep rotating the quarterbacks last year and that didn’t work out well. I honestly think that they’ll go with Barkley because his IQ of the game will attract Bruce Arians to fall in love with him.
8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith
I can’t see the Bills passing up the opportunity to take Geno Smith. They are in need with of a quarterback with Fitzpatrick being a disappointment ever resigning a huge contract. Imagine Spiller and Smith running a read option play, deadly combination.
9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo
Looking at the Jets roster they could use a rush linebacker in their 3-4 defense. Mingo brings great athleticism to the rush linebacker position.
10. Tennessee Titans: Jonathan Cooper
The Titans are in dire need of OLine. They need to find way to open holes up for Chris Johnson. Cooper is the best offensive guard available.
11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson
12. Miami Dolphins: Cordarralle Patterson
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant
14. Carolina Panthers: Star Lotulelei
15. New Orleans Saints: Sheldon Richardson
16. St. Louis Rams: Chance Warmack
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones
18. Dallas Cowboys: Damontre Moore
19. New York Giants: Bjoern Werner
20. Chicago Bears: D.J. Fluker
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenny Vaccaro
22. St. Louis Rams: Tavon Austin
23. Minnesota Vikings: DeAndre Hopkins
24. Indianapolis Colts: Xavier Rhodes
25. Seattle Seahawks: Datone Jones
26. Green Bay Packers: Tyler Eifert
27. Houston Texans: Justin Hunter
28. Denver Broncos: Kawann Short
29. New England Patriots: Sylvester Williams
30. Atlanta Falcons: Cornellius Carradine
31. San Francisco 49ers: Jonathan Cyprien
32. Baltimore Ravens: Kevin Minter